Click here to make your own myspace banners from MyspaceBanners.com!
Make your own Banner Here!

« Home | sprinkles » | 06-07 preview season is well under way » | according to 3 year plan USA is 7-1 » | The Basketball Jones and their pick up all-stars » | what if Jones turns out to be Raja 2.0 » | the Magical Worlds » | Raving over Rajon Rondo » | Blogosphere's post of the week » | the power of the Dark Side » | look for JoHo to show his Mojo » 

Thursday, September 14, 2006 

news and notes

  • Rick Alonzo at the TwinCities Pioneer Press looks to stir it up some by reworking yet again the Marbury trade rumor mill by instead proposing that Garnett would be welcome with open arms in NY to play alongside Stephon who is "a Knick for life




  • Arizona's East Valley Tribune spotted the Kandi-man, who has crossed the country to the land of the Suns to practice alongside Amare and Thomas in the hopes of dispelling the myth of a three year nagging groin injury
"All of a sudden, I feel like I’m 21 again,”-
“I was about to say, ‘Forget it’ — it was getting to be too much.
But now I think I can play again and help someone"





  • Rocky Mountain News attended a high school anti gun and gang rally event where K-Mart's presence in Denver announce he was clear of the tendinitis that has hobbled him while putting the past caoch and player discords behind him:
"I'm not making any promises on numbers,
wins or how I'm going to perform," Martin said,
"but I'm going to be a better player
than I have been the previous two years"

"The bounce to his step is stronger," Karl said Wednesday.
"I think his work has been above and beyond what I expected"





  • Chris Mannix at Si.com takes a look at the reasons why Bonzi Wells has not been picked up using descriptions such as; rugged defender, strong rebounder, undesirable, salivating talent, unpredictable
  • Sean Deveney at the SportingNews.com lists his 5 breakout/sleepers for the upcoming season and quite honestly leaves me scratching my head because i don't see any of these happening unless the players on those teams are thrust to the forefront due to injuries



  • same ol' Nellie in Golden State but then again that's what they brought him back for ...right? The San Jose Mercury News is reporting that Don Nelson, known for playing small ball is used to reworking rosters and lineups but this time:

"I'm going to need (Troy) Murphy
to play some center for us. If he can make some adjustments,
he'll have his best year.
And it will allow me to play Dunleavy at the 4,
'' because he basically struggles at small forward.

"It's better if your point guard is the leader.
(Davis) is a great player, and he's going to flourish in my system.
But he's too heavy to play my style of ball.
He's got to get thinner; everybody has to be thinner than they are"








.....may the player / coach clashes begin




Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates